Friday, June 18, 2021

way finding navigation

Aloha bloggers! 

What is way finding navigation?

Way finding navigation  is a way to use stars, the sun, the wind, looking at the position of the sun or moon, observing the floating debris and the birds and some people use a star compass.

They use their hand to find their way to their NEW island or home. They do not need to know all the stars but the navigators just need to know the important stars. When navigators know one star they know where all the other stars are. 

How do they find stars in the night sky without instruments?

Navigators do not use modern instruments. The navigators memorise the star compass. They use their hands to find their way. They know the most important stars. 

What is Matariki and how do you recognize it? 

Matariki is  a constellation, a cluster of stars. You can recognize matariki because it is in a group of stars. 

What I enjoyed... 

I enjoyed the painting, because I liked how we had to draw a wave.

What I found challenging...

I found challenging how we had to write about something that has to do with matariki in our inquiry book.

2 comments:

  1. Hi hadassah I like how your Explaining wayfinding

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aloha Martha Thanks for commenting on my blog.

    ReplyDelete